Monday, November 07, 2005

New Chasuble

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
At last, I finished making my black chasuble with silver and red trim. It made its debut at the Requiem Mass on All Souls' Day (November 2) at St. Alban's. One day, it will be used at my own Requiem. I hope it is a part of many beautiful celebrations that speak of the mercy of God and the bond of love in the fellowship of the Mystical Body.

Offertory for a Requiem Mass
O Lord Jesus Christ, King of glory, deliver the souls of all the faithful departed from the pains of hell, and from the bottomless pit. Deliver them from the lion's mouth, that hell might not swallow them up and that they might not fall into darkness, but let Michael the standard-bearer bring them into the holy light which thou didst promise of old to Abraham and his descendents.
We offer unto thee, O Lord, this sacrifice of prayer and praise. Receive it for the souls whose memory this day we recall; make them, we beseech thee, O Lord, to pass from death into life, which thou didst promise of old to Abraham and his descendants.

1 comment:

Fr Timothy Matkin said...

It is called scrolling vine. I got it from either Renaissance Fabrics or Fabric Masterpieces (both eBay stores that I recommend). I can't remember which.