Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Canonical Exams

Photobucket
Since I serve on the Commission of Ministry (Committee for Diaconate), I'm pushing the group to revamp our canonical exams. I think they should be much more intensive and a lot more fun (except for the candidates, of course). I thought we'd have family and friends present, plus a crowd of parishioners. Then we'll make sure we include some of the most probing and embarrassing questions imaginable (that's okay, we'll just label those "moral theology"). If they answer all the questions truthfully, they can be ordained. It would probably look something like this . . .

I know Fr Hightower will be with me on this because he loves a good show. I don't think the chair, Deacon Lana, will go for it though. She's worried that there will be no ordination candidates.

No comments: