Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bishop Wright on being Simply Christian

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
N. Tom Wright, the Bishop of Durham has a new book out called Simply Christian. He is a delightful (and believing) New Testament scholar who is always worth the read. This book is similar in tone to C. S. Lewis' Mere Christianity. I have two other of Wright's books written for the laity that I picked up at seminary which I have also enjoyed. One is called What Saint Paul Really Said, and another one co-authored with liberal scholar Marcus Borg called The Meaning of Jesus: Two Visions.

Bishop Wright was in Washington as a part of a book tour through the "National" Cathedral of Ss Peter and Paul. Their website offers video of his delightful and engaging talk about the subject of his most recent book. I recommend it.

1 comment:

Kevin Beck said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I love NT Wright's stuff, especially Jesus and The Victory of God.