Monday, August 21, 2006

Survey says . . .

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Christ Church in Plano TX has posted the results of their Congregational Life Survey online. It is worth a look. I always find it interesting how the actual data compares to uneducated guesses. I found a few suprises. Here's one example (I'd have thought the second and last response would be higher):

25. Before you started coming here, what type of congregation did you attend? (Mark only one.)
<1% Assembly of God
8% Baptist
16% Catholic
44% Episcopal
5% Lutheran
7% Methodist
<1% Nazarene
7% Non-denominational
<1% Pentacostal
3% Presbyterian
0% Seventh-day Adventist
<1% United Church of Christ
3% Other
6% I did not attend another congregation before coming here

1 comment:

Texanglican (R.W. Foster+) said...

Very interesting, Father. Before attending CC, two-thirds had attended another liturgical church (RC, Episc., or Lutheran). I wouldn't have guessed.