Monday, February 26, 2007

Dust storm photos

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On Saturday afternoon, I noticed that the sky started looking awfully orange. So I took these pictures (which are shown untouched). We had some strong winds blowing in from the West, where it is more dry and dusty, creating a dust storm over the metroplex. Our power was out for most of the day. The picture above is from our back yard, looking toward the sun. The picture below is looking across the street from the front of our house.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Courageous Grace said...

Wow. I have to say, the dark brown sky seemed much more impressive down at Camp Crucis, perhaps it was because there was more dust for the wind to get kicked up. The power didn't go out there. However, I do not recommend horseback riding during a dust storm, it makes the horses nervous.

Every time I went inside I washed my face, and the white washcloth turned dark brown every time.