Friday, November 24, 2006

I've been doing some sewing

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In my days off this week, I've been doing some sewing. I have several pieces of fabric that have been sitting in the closet for 5 or 6 years, waiting for me to get around to turning them into vestment sets (see purple and gold). I've completed one set over the break--the rose vestments pictured above. The fabric is rose and silver, with satin rose lining, rose velvet orphreys, and silver and black galloon. The pattern is new; it is my own creation mixing Gothic and Roman features.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say though they are much elegant in person.

SoulReaper17 said...

Might you enlighten a humble deacon as to where such beautiful ecclesiastical fabric and trimmings might be found. I ave been searching in vain for such fitting materials for my own sets.
colinblatchford@kenrick.edu